Professional Development and LinkedIn Learning
Today’s job market is extremely competitive. To make yourself a more competitive applicant for a position, it helps to demonstrate training, skill mastery, or familiarity with a topic or process sought after by employers on your resume. LinkedIn Learning can be a valuable asset to help you accomplish this task.
All Texas State University students, faculty, and staff have access to the thousands of online training resources LinkedIn Learning has to offer. An individual subscription to this service typically costs an annual fee of $299.99, but all members of the Texas State community have access to these resources free of charge.
Sample LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Accounting Foundations
- Teaching with Technology
- Digital Citizenship
- Advanced Product marketing
- Grant Writing for Education
- Teamwork Foundations
- Construction Management: Managing Risks
- Reaching Out Your Comfort Zone
- Setting Up a PMO
- Drawing Foundations: Fundamentals
- DevOps Foundations
- Decision-Making Strategies
- Business Analysis Foundations
- Audio Recording Techniques
- Corporate Finance Foundations
- Introductions to Graphic Design
- Entrepreneurship Foundations
- Building Customer Loyalty
How to Set Up Your Account
Go to https://doit.txstate.edu/services/online-training to set up your LinkedIn Learning profile.
The first time you log in, you have the option to connect your personal LinkedIn profile with the LinkedIn Learning account provided through Texas State University. Connecting your LinkedIn profile means LinkedIn Learning will more closely tailor video and course recommendations to your interests, skills, and feild. you can also add completed LinkedIn Learning courses and certificates to your LinkedIn profile.
If you do not yet have a personal LinkedIn profile and would like to create one, Texas State University Career Services is happy to help! Feel free to reach out to our office for assistance or to set up an appointment with one of our Career Counselors.
Logging in to LinkedIn Learning
Once you have set up initial access, you will log in either with your:
1. LinkedIn account (if you previously connected it to LinkedIn Learning) OR
2. Your university account by clicking Sign in with your organization account, entering your email address when prompted, and then logging in with your Texas State NetID and password
Certificates of Completion
Most LinkedIn Learning courses automatically award a Certificate of Completion to learners once the course has been completed. These certificates are a great way to document the progress you have made and can highlight more about your professional education, skills, and interests on your resume or LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn Learning does not provide certificates for learning paths, collections, or individual videos. Learners will not receive a certificate of completion until they have finished watching all the videos in a course.
* Please note that while these courses will provide a Certificate of Completion, they will not provide an industry recognized certification, which often require what is referred to as a certification exam. An individual seeking an official industry certification will need to go through the official certification course and or/exam, often accompanied by a fee. While LinkedIn Learning Certificates of Completion are not typically a recognized credential, they do help legitimize skills often sought after by many employers.