ABOUT THE CAREER CLOSET
The TXST Career Closet provides a way for students to access affordable attire for attending events such as career fairs, interviews, networking events, and other career related needs. Our goal is to provide students in need with attire to look their best and project confidence while working towards their career goals.
For the 2022-2023 Academic Year, the Career Closet will give away 1 professional outfit for FREE to any TXST student! These items will not need to be returned to our office.
* The closet may be CLOSED on career fair days - plan ahead!
For questions about closet inventory, appointments, or donations, please contact:
SUIT-UP EVENT FAQs
What is Suit-Up? It is a partnership between you and JCPenney to offer you an opportunity to get career and professional items at a great price. Participants receive an Extra 30% off on the career and professional categories.
Where do I go to shop? JCPenney has a special page set up to help you find the key categories you will need for your professional life. The page is: www.jcpenney.com/m/suit-up
Each coupon is good for one transaction.
Can I use my online coupon in the store? Yes, you can use the online coupon in store. Just present the code to the store associate when you check out. If the store has questions, they can reach out to Nicole McNiel at JCPenney.
What merchandise is included in the Suit-Up coupon? All career wear key categories are included in the offer. Suiting, dress shirts/blouses, ties, belts, dress socks/hosiery, dress shoes, and various accessories. A list can be sent, if needed
How to visit the Career Closet
View appointment times and create an appointment on Handshake!
TIPS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Plan ahead: As we are a donation-based service, all sizes, colors, and styles are subject to availability. We recommend planning ahead and visiting 5 days before your event.
- Be Intentional: Look through your closet first and note items you might need to complete an outfit. We do not offer shoes, socks, or belts.
- Measure yourself ahead of time: We do not measure or size students.
- Be respectful of the service: The purpose of the closet is not to provide last-minute items out of convenience. If you have professional attire at your home, please plan accordingly to bring it to campus for a career fair, class presentation, or other social event occurring on-campus.
How to Support the Career Closet
Acceptable Donation Items
Dress Slacks and Skirts
Donations Not Accepted
Items Without Clearly Labeled Sizes
All Donations Must
Be Damage Free
Be Gently Used or Like New