Career Services Overview for Alumni
Once A Bobcat, Always A Bobcat
We offer lifetime services to alumni of Texas State! Learn more with this provided resource below. We look forward to connecting with you soon.
Stay Connected through Handshake
- Handshake is Texas State's online database that connects you to real employers and real employment opportunities
- To reactivate your alumni account and update your account to a personal email address, complete this form.
- Find and apply to full-time job opportunities at local, national, and international companies
- Learn about upcoming events hosted by Texas State including career fairs and employer informational sessions
- Research employers who want to hire Bobcats
Schedule 1-1 appointments with Career Counselors or Career Advisors to discuss:
- Different career paths and the pros/cons of career changes
- Updating your resume and other job search documents
- How to build a strong LinkedIn profile and use LinkedIn to maximize networking and job search strategies
- Graduate school application process and necessary application documents
- Interviewing best practices
- Networking Tips
- The latest job search techniques and popular resources
- Schedule appointments online through Handshake. Appointments can be held virtually, in-person, or over the phone.
Access Online Resources and Guides
- Online Resume & Cover Letter Critique - receive feedback via email within two business days
- Career Quick Guides - check out our guides on a variety of important career topics
- Big Interview - use this virtual service to learn about interviewing and practice your interview skills. Alumni can create an account at this link using a personal email address. During account creation, alumni will need to supply the Texas State specific organization code of "TXST1899"
- A Walk Across Texas State Podcast - Listen to career advice and personal stories from professionals with various employment backgrounds
Attend Career Fairs as Alumni
- You are welcome to attend any career fair hosted by Career Services; Schedule of upcoming career fairs and events can be found here
- In-Person Career Fairs:
- No pre-registration required
- Check Handshake for location, time, and list of attending employers
- Virtual Career Fairs:
- Pre-registration required
- Sign up for 1x1 sessions and group sessions with numerous employers
- Update and build out your Handshake profile
- Upload a resume to your profile